Saturday, November 01, 2008

A Day of Good Food and Books!

Well, like all well planned days, nothing went according to plans.... no exercise cos I had an early meeting with a client and I was early but my contractor was not! But still managed to have good results from that meeting! With the client and my contractor!

Thin wantan noodles in curry laksa served with cockles, tou pok, steamed chicken drumstick with lots of bean sprouts! Yumms! Most saturdays (but not consecutive ones) my lunch will be curry laksa at this particular stall in Taman Maluri. You will find it easily enough! just look for the clump of green&yellow bamboo in front of the stall!

Diyana brought 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' by Khaled Hosseini also of 'The Kite Runner' fame for my next reading pleasure!
Look what Chet gave me from yesterday's meetup!? A Book Bungee! Its a bookmark that protects your book at the same time. Instructions: Place the plastic marker in your book, close the book, and wrap the elastic band around the outside. Your book stays closed and your bookmark stays put!

Thanks Chet!

p.s.: Enjoying 'A Bit of Earth' very much (Thanks Once Again Phek Chin!) currently on page 132 of this 420pgs book!

Its Terry Fox Run tomorrow! See ya all there! Please give me a shout if you see me!

2 comments:

The Heart of Paul said...

That curry laksa looks super!!

Emily said...

One of THE BEST I have tasted todate! Yumms, got CheeTouPei as well!