This is amazing, Randy Pausch 47 yrs old, A computer Sc. lecturer from Mellon University he died of pancreatic cancer in 2008, but wrote a book 'The last lecture" before then, one of the bestsellers in 2007. What a legacy to leave behind…
In a letter to his wife Jai and his children, Dylan, Logan, and Chloe, he wrote this beautiful "guide to a better life" for his wife and children to follow. May you be blessed by his insight.
POINTS ON HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR LIFE
Personality: 1. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
2. Don't have negative thoughts of things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment
3. Don't over do; keep your limits
4. Don't take yourself so seriously; no one else does
5. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip
6. Dream more while you are awake
7. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need..
8. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner of his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
9. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
10. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present
11. No one is in charge of your happiness except you
12. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
13. Smile and laugh more
14. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagreement.
Community: 15. Call your family often
16. Each day give something good to others
17. Forgive everyone for everything
18. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6
19. Try to make at least three people smile each day
20. What other people think of you is none of your business
21. Your job will not take care of you when you are sick. Your family and friends will. Stay in touch.
Life: (if You Are a Believer) 22. Put GOD first in anything and everything that you think, say and do.
23. GOD heals everything
24. Do the right things
25. However good or bad a situation is, it will change
26. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up
27. The best is yet to come
28. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful
29. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it
30. If you know GOD you will always be happy. So, be happy.
While you practice all of the above, share this knowledge with the people you love, people you school with, people you play with, people you work with and people you live with. Not only will it enrich YOUR life, but also that of those around you.
Since more and more Seniors are texting and tweeting, there appears to be a
need for a STC (Senior Texting Code).
ATD: At The Doctor's
BFF: Best Friend Farted
BTW: Bring The Wheelchair
BYOT: Bring Your Own Teeth
CBM: Covered By Medicare
CUATSC: See You At The Senior Center
DWI: Driving While Incontinent
FWB: Friend With Beta Blockers
FWIW: Forgot Where I Was
FYI: Found Your Insulin
GGPBL: Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low!
GHA: Got Heartburn Again
HGBM: Had Good Bowel Movement
IMHO: Is My Hearing-Aid On?
LMDO: Laughing My Dentures Out
LOL: Living On Lipitor
LWO: Lawrence Welk's On
OMMR: On My Massage Recliner
OMSG: Oh My! Sorry, Gas.
ROFL... CGU: Rolling On The Floor Laughing... And Can't Get Up
SGGP: Sorry, Gotta Go Poop
TTYL: Talk To You Louder
WAITT: Who Am I Talking To?
WTFA: Wet The Furniture Again
WTP: Where's The Prunes?
WWNO: Walker Wheels Need Oil
After reading Juan's review on her purse organizer she got from Guardian Pharmacy, I wanted one too! But I hesitated buying from Guardian because I could not find anything I needed or wanted from there ie RM50.00 worth of purchases gets me a FREE purse organizer; or spend RM25.00 and pay RM15 for it?
Well, I was at Popular bookstore on sunday with my gurls and their boyfriends and I got the gorgeous pink purse organizer for RM10.00 for members or RM15.00 for non-members!
Above: obviously no hesitation on my part!
Above: Lim Lian Geok, Soul of the Malaysian Chinese, edited by Kua Kia Soong
Below: Amir Muhammad's ROJAK, Bit Sized Stories
~ both from Popular Bookstore Amcorp Mall
Below: Neil Gaiman's Anansi Boys from my fav Ebayer at Mount Kiara
Above: Paul Theroux's Hotel Honolulu & Below: Alfred Hitchcocks' Solve-Them-Yourself Mysteries
~ from the flea market at Amcorp Mall
All in all had a great sunday outing with my gurls and their boy friends!
Tasty Meals From Around Kuala Lumpur. I piggy back my meals with other people's order!
Above: From Ampang Point
Above: Jalan Alor
Above: Surprise2! - one saturday I came home from work and found what DH brought me - no plastic bag snacks! Successful attempt at teaching DH waste free packaging! Cos I told him please do not buy me any snacks if he is gonna bring them back in plastic bags!!
Above: Fresh Coconut juice from round the corner from our home. Important note - only use stainless steel containers for coconut juice
Above: The guy who repaired this mini rice cooker for 2 - wahhhh smallest rice cooker he had ever seen! And we almost threw it away cos the switch component had come apart from the main body. All that was needed to correct the problem? a SINGLE SCREW (see the big shiny new screw in the picture?) to reattached the black connection piece to the main body! Yup! that's all that was needed to make it WORK AGAIN!
Above: all natural washing product for my face, body and hair! and they come in two sizes!
More importantly, they come in recycled PET bottles!
Above: All natural washing product I bought from Simple Organics at Taman Desa (near the specialist hospital at the entrance of Taman Desa)
SO, TELL ME... ARE YOU DOING YOUR PART TO SAVE OUR PLANET?!!?