Sunday, January 28, 2007

Two Weddings in One Day!


I took yesterday (Saturday - a working one) off just to attend two wedding invitations in Melaka! One for lunch at Merlimau and second invitation was dinner at Alor Gajah.

We left Kuala Lumpur at 11am and I was happily tatting along keeping hubby company (otherwise I would be sleeping! if I had not tatted!) so that pleased hubby a bit. I was tatting the new bookmark pattern I downloaded from one of the sites Faizon provided and used June's thread gift to me (pink at size 20) for the butterfly and the variagated blue which I bought off Mona (also size 20) for the rest of the bookmark and the chain and eventually the tassel or maybe I will do something else in place of the tassel!

We arrived at Merlimau around 1.15pm and hubby gave me 15 mins to drop by the craft supply shop in the town. Alas, Lily has only 3 skeins of DMC 115 left! Wah, kampong people also like DMC 115 ya! And I bought two hoops as well (one for my vse partner ~ who dont x-stitch ~ so I thought of supplying her with the bare necessities to start her off!) and an extra for myself.

We eat too much at the wedding lunch and arrived back to Riviera or rather the place formerly know as Riviera (but what's its new name ~ gees cant remember!) where hubby immediately noozed off listening to SaDe while I went down to the salon hoping to get my hair done for the night function. But alas she was booked for a perm job and cant accommodate me so it was up to myself to get the hair fixed. Luckily I brought my back up salon supply ~ my own electric curlers, mousse and hair spray! And I must say ~ I did a great job ~ haven't lost my touch yet.

We left for Alor Gajah at 6.45pm and arrived at 7.30pm, this was the wedding dinner for the former Football Captain for the Malaysian squad, Dtk Soh Chin An and wife for their daughter Millie Soh. The groom was cute! The food was good but we were still full from lunch so we did not do any justice to the entire menu, by the time the prawn dish arrived, we had given up!

As hubby is ever conscious of his diet... we had cereal with milk as our first meal today at 10am and no lunch coming back from Melaka. We had rice and sweet potato porridge for din din! As usual he under estimated his requirement for food and asked for a slice of cake half hour later!

And oh! before I forget to mention it, on the return journey today, I continued with my tatting and the bookmark is coming along rather well, not bad I must say and its my first 'big' tatted project! LOL

Now, kindly excuse moi as I need to go wash my hair out of all the mousse and hair spray from yesterday!

Ciao!

No comments: